Can love defeat you? Can love overpower hope? And I don't mean adulation, fame, power or any of the likes. I mean love in its most sincere and affectionate form.
I find it is easier to live in pain, in anger, in misery. It is easier to go on with life believing there is no one in the world who likes you, absolutely no one who wants you. It is far easier to battle hate than it is war against love.
Often times I wonder how life would be as an orphan. It is not the most pleasing thought and I don't think I would last even a month, but I'm ashamed to say sometimes it is a comforting feeling. You see, as an orphan I have the license to hate everyone. I am no longer the object of love, the keeper of fragility. I have nothing but a rock against which to rest my head but also which in an instant I can throw at someone and walk. In life there is no greater freedom than love and no prison more claustrophobic. The old saying goes love conquers all. Indeed. Be it pain or anger, hate or reason, freedom or sanity, love conquers all.
Love is not innocent. Love is not irrational. Love is by no means soft. Love is survival. Love is fear. Love will go to great lengths to protect itself. It will surmount the most unbeatable of odds to get what it wants. Love is hunger in search of food. There are no morals in love, no ethical code, no educated boundary. Love can be dangerous, more so if felt against one's will. Love can rage louder than thunder to be heard, it can cause a storm to fight a simple breeze.
Now imagine a soul lost amidst this sea of love. The sails will be no match for the storm, the anchor no compare for the raging sea, strength in the bones irrelevant when facing the tide. And then you realise there is only one way to rise above, numbness. You give up and wait in your violently tossing little boat.
This is the perfect storm of love, which consumes the one it rages for.
3 comments:
Very creative..very thoughtful.. and an excellent scenario.. I almost visualized you in it! ever felt that way for anyone?
I think I have always wanted to. I have always wanted to hopelessly lose myself in someone and never find a way out. I wanted to feel so feverish in love that it consumes every other sense. But somehow it evades me. I cannot let myself go, to rid myself of all inhibitions and to make completely free to love that way. But I haven't given up hope...
nice entry.
Post a Comment