Sunday, October 29, 2006

A conversation with Boredom

When the fan is rotating at not too high a speed, it is usually easy to count the number of rotations in a minute. Once you have the number of rotations per minute, it is really up to your imagination. You can predict different permutations and combinations, sketch a graph, try and derive the electricity consumption equation, etc, etc.


I was still in phase I.


ME: “…21…22…23…24…”


KNOCK……….KNOCK………KNOCK……..KNOCK……

[Now only one person or thing can have a knock like that. I got up with an effort and opened the door]


[Enter Boredom]



ME: “Why me?”


[Boredom shrugs]


ME: “No Seriously…why always me?”


BOREDOM: “I don’t know”


ME: “You really ruin my mood, every single time you come”


BOREDOM: “No. You ruin your mood ever single time…that’s why I come”


ME: “Balls! I am extremely capable of being funny and cheerful”


[Boredom does not respond]


ME (irritated): “You wanna bet? Let’s test it. Right here, right now”


BOREDOM: “Nah, not in a mood really…”


ME: “Yeah…me too actually…who the hell are you anyways?”


BOREDOM: “I am BORED”


ME: “Yeah…me too actually…1…2…3…4…”

1 comment:

Rae said...

!!!!